In case you missed this semester’s Nonprofit Volunteer & Internship Fair, here are some of the volunteer opportunities we thought our Pre-Professional students might appreciate.
- Bethany Christian Services’ Refugee & Immigrant Services welcomes refugee and immigrant families and helps them adjust to a new life in the United States. Not only are volunteers needed for transport, childcare, tutoring and mentoring, but their medical team is in need of volunteers to be on call for appointments. To learn more click here.
- Camp Casey is a horseback riding program for children with cancer and their families. Horsey House Calls surprise kids with a knock on the door and a horse on the doorstep for an afternoon of grooming, riding, crafting, pizza and fun all in the family’s yard. To learn more click here.
- Emmanuel Hospice is an interfaith collaboration of four local organizations with over 200 years of combined experience providing quality health care services in West Michigan. To learn more click here.
- The Grand Rapids Red Project is dedicated to improving health, reducing risk and preventing HIV, providing people with access to the knowledge, tools, information and support that they need to stay healthy and empowering individuals to make any positive change. There is also the opportunity to become a Status Pro certified to provide HIV/HCV testing, counseling and referrals. To learn more click here.
- Habitat for Humanity of Kent County partners with low-income families to build, rehabilitate and repair houses. Having an affordable home to call their own is life changing for a family. To learn more click here.
- H.U.G.S. Ranch seeks to encourage mental, emotional, physical and social healing to hurting children and donated, unwanted or rescued horses by allowing them to share together in experience Hope, Understanding, Guidance, and Support (HUGS) in a no-cost, safe, Christian environment. To learn more click here.
- Senior Neighbors promotes the health and well-being of Kent County’s older adults through support and referral, wellness, senior centers and home maintenance. To learn more click here.
- St. Ann’s is an assisted living and nursing care facility that serves the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional well-being of their residents. To learn more click here.
Don’t see anything that interests you or want to learn more about local volunteer opportunities? Be sure to contact the GVSU Community Service Learning Center.